Operations hiring at PostHog
Operations at PostHog covers legal, finance, people and culture.
Operations is our smallest department and we don’t hire very often. That means that each new hire has a disproportionately high impact compared with other, larger teams. Please check our careers page for our open roles.
What we are looking for in Operations hires
Outside of the skills listed in the job description, we are generally looking for:
- Proactive and organised, with a strong attention to detail
- Ability to prioritize
- You are not afraid to step on toes - you have a bias to action and lots of initiative
- Communication skills
- Do they have writing errors in their cover letter? Are they responsive and easy to organize the process with?
- More so than other companies, all of our communication is written and public for the world to see. Good written communication is key.
Operations hiring process
- PostHog - mission, vision, team, way of working etc. If it was cold outreach, we provide a little more context up front.
- Candidate background and mindset.
- Talk about the hiring process and check if the candidate has seen our compensation calculator so we know we're roughly aligned.
- Answer any open questions.
We are looking for speed, autonomy, directness, good communication skills, an awareness of the impact of the candidate's work, evidence of iteration and a growth mindset.
The technical interview usually lasts between 45-60 minutes and you will probably meet a member of our People and Culture team as well as Charles. For this round, you can expect questions about your background and scenario-based questions.
The final stage of our interview process is what we call a PostHog SuperDay. This is a paid full day of work with us, which we can flexibly arrange around your schedule.
We will share the task with you at the start of the day. The task is representative of the work someone in this role at PostHog is doing, and it is always the same for each candidate, so we can make clear comparisons.
We design our tasks to be too much work for one person to complete in a day, in order to get a sense of your ability to prioritize.
This gives you the chance to learn how we work, and for us to see your quality and speed of work, as well as the way you communicate. It is a very demanding day of work, but we want you to succeed! .
An Operations SuperDay usually looks like this (there is a degree of flexibility due to time zone differences):
- Kick-off session
- Meet the founders
- Time to focus on the task, we can provide support via your personal Slack channel
- Informal session with a team member
- On days where we have company wide meetings, we will invite you along to that and give you a chance to introduce yourself. On days without company wide meetings, we will arrange for you to meet a few members of our team for a casual lunch/coffee break
Overall, you should spend at least 70% of your time and energy on the task and less than 30% on meeting people, as we will base our decision on your output of the day. However, we encourage everyone to use the Slack channel as much as needed for any questions or problems.
You can expect to hear back from us within 2 working days of your SuperDay. We will also make the payment for your SuperDay as soon as possible.
If we decide to make you an offer, we will most likely arrange a call to discuss feedback and next steps. If we don’t make an offer, we will give you as much constructive feedback as possible.