We regularly send two emails.
- What's New In PostHog?, a product announcement email sent every month. Sent via Customer.io.
- HogMail, a marketing and content email published every two weeks.
We plan to move HogMail to a weekly schedule once we're confident we can produce it to a high standard at that frequency. It's primarily aimed at existing users as a means to improving engagement with our content and aid product discovery through sharing tutorials, tips and ideas, not user acquisition.
What's New In PostHog
The What's New In PostHog? email is part of the new release process and is used for product announcements.
Every month, on the last Wednesday/Thursday of the month, we use Customer.io to share a broadcast titled 'What's New In PostHog?'
HogMail roughly follows this format:
- Featured content comprising at least one blog post and one tutorial
- Curated third-party content we think will interest our users
- PostHog news, feedback requests and community updates
- The Needle comic / cartoon from Lottie