We do not currently do email marketing, beyond product announcements via newsletter. In the future, we will probably want to grow this channel.
Speak to James, Yakko, or Mo for access to our Mailchimp dashboard.
We currently grow our general email list from three sources:
- Newsletter signups from the website
- PostHog users who opt-in
- Event attendees
We send a newsletter after every product release (2-4 weeks) and include a summary of the new version and any recent news or blog posts.
We aim to include at least one new blog post in every newsletter - ideally 2-4 per edition.
Our current newsletter structure looks roughly as follows:
featuredImageused in the blog post for the update
- List of #New and #Improved features
- Screenshot of one of the new/improved features - ideally the same image used in the array post
- List of new blog posts or other news, with blurbs and links
- Roles we're currently hiring for
- Social media links
Feel free to use a few emojis and 1-2 images.
For reference, here's an example of a previous newsletter.
Note: Within the Mailchimp dashboard, users are automatically tagged to indicate where they came from e.g. Newsletter Subscribers, Deployed PostHog, Eventbrite, etc.