Deploying to Linode
- A Linode account.
We have a Linode StackScript available, which deploys and installs PostHog on any Linode running Ubuntu/Debian.
- Visit your Linode Dashboard and navigate to StackScripts.
Create New StackScript.
- You may assign it any label (e.g.
Target Imagesyou may select any version of Ubuntu or Debian (although we recommend using Ubuntu 20.04 LTS).
- Copy the contents of our StackScript.sh into
- Click on your newly created PostHog StackScript and click
Deploy New Linode.
- Once your Linode is created, you should be able to visit the server address in a web browser and see a working PostHog instance.
- Open your Linode dashboard.
- Navigate to your PostHog installation and click Launch Console.
- Once launched, enter your login information which may be as user:
Run the PostHog StackScript in your home
- Exit Console and your instance should be updated to the latest PostHog release.