What does the PagerDuty Connector do?
This app alerts PagerDuty when a PostHog insights/trends graph goes below or above a threshold.
Example use cases:
- Alert when there is no $pageviews captured on my site the past hour,
- Alert when the rate of $billing_error events crosses a threshold.
What are the requirements for this app?
The PagerDuty Connector app requires either PostHog Cloud, or a self-hosted PostHog instance running version 1.26.0 or later.
Not running 1.26.0? Find out how to update your self-hosted PostHog deployment!
You'll also need access to a PagerDuty account.
How do I install the PagerDuty Connector for PostHog?
This app requires PostHog 1.26.0 or above, or PostHog Cloud.
- Log in to your PostHog instance
- Click 'Apps' on the left-hand tool bar
- Search for 'PagerDuty'
- Select the app, press 'Install' and follow the on-screen instructions
How do I configure the PagerDuty Connector?
- Get the trends URL.
- Go to Insights.
- Construct the Trends query you want to alert on. It must be a single-line trend graph.
- Copy the URL.
- Choose threshold and operator (less than or equal, greater than or equal).
- Enter PagerDuty service integration key (for Events API v2).
|Go to insights -> trends and construct your graph, copy the URL here|
|If ≤ plugin alerts if $last_2_datapoints ≤ $threshold, otherwise if $last_2_datapoints ≥ $threshold|
|Your Personal API Key is not the same as the Project API key|
|The ID of the current project, which can be found in Project settings|
|Integration Key for an integration on a service or on a global ruleset (Events API v2)|
|Used in incident report as source|
Are there any limitations?
This PagerDuty Connector only works when reading from single-line trend graphs.
It also requires PostHog 1.26.0 or above, or PostHog Cloud.
Is the source code for this app available?
PostHog is open-source and so are all apps on the platform. The source code for the PagerDuty connector is available on GitHub.
Who created this app?
Who maintains this app?
This app is maintained by PostHog. If you have issues with the app not functioning as intended, please raise a bug report to let us know!
What if I have feedback on this app?
We love feature requests and feedback! Please create an issue to tell us what you think.
What if my question isn't answered above?
We love answering questions. Ask us anything via our Support page.
You can also join the PostHog Community Slack group to collaborate with others and get advice on developing your own PostHog apps.