This app is currently unavailable while we develop a new export system. It will be back again soon!
Using the Redshift Export app requires either PostHog Cloud, or a self-hosted PostHog instance running version 1.30.0 or later.
Not running 1.30.0? Find out how to update your self-hosted PostHog deployment!
You'll also need access to a Redshift Cluster to export to.
- Create a Redshift Cluster
- Make sure PostHog can access your cluster
This might require a few things:
- Allowing public access to the cluster
- Ensuring your VPC security group allows traffic to and from the Redshift cluster - If this is not possible in your case, you should consider using our S3 Export app and then setting up your own system for getting data into your Redshift cluster
- Create a user with table creation privileges
We need to create a new table to store events and execute
INSERT queries. You can and should block us from doing anything else on any other tables. Giving us table creation permissions should be enough to ensure this:
CREATE USER posthog WITH PASSWORD '123456yZ';GRANT CREATE ON DATABASE your_database TO posthog;
- Add the connection details at the configuration step in PostHog
|The plugin will create a table with this name to store the events in|
|This user needs table creation access|
|Make sure it's a strong one!|
|If there are events to upload and this many seconds has passed since the last upload, send the events to Redshift. The value must be between 1 and 600.|
|Always keep the uploaded files below this size limit, uploading more frequently than the time limit if needed. Events are kept in memory until then, so make sure your server has enough of it. The value must be between 1 and 10 MB.|
|Comma separated list of events to ignore|
Is the source code for this app available?
PostHog is open-source and so are all apps on the platform. The source code is available on GitHub.
Who created this app?
Who maintains this app?
This app is maintained by PostHog. If you have issues with the app not functioning as intended, please let us know!
What if I have feedback on this app?
We love feature requests and feedback! Please tell us what you think! to tell us what you think.