While we have hired mainly engineers to date, we are now growing across all areas of the business and we are looking to hire someone that is able to take complete ownership of our marketing - from strategy to execution, as the first hire.
This role will be focused on increasing user acquisition, and community growth around our open source project. It's key to PostHog's success and will report directly to the CEO.
The primary goal of this role is to increase the number of new users into our open source project. We currently get around 120 deployments a week organically, but we want to accelerate this growth. Secondarily, we want to increase our community size (it currently exists in our Slack user group, GitHub, our mailing list and Twitter).
We hire the best to tell us what to do. We'd expect to give you a healthy budget to achieve the above, and we're well-financed. A great candidate will be able to steer us as to what type of spend is appropriate, and will be happy doing the work whilst steering the ship.
- Ability to understand a developer's mindset - you might have been a developer in the past or you might have collaborated very closely with engineering teams, or you've worked in marketing at a developer-focussed company
- Strong Marketing experience across digital (content, social) and brand
- Strong background in writing content for a developer audience
- Experience in early-stage, high-growth companies, or you might have been a founder yourself
- Some paid marketing experience a plus
- You have either led marketing before or you're ready to step up and can demonstrate you've a track record of taking initiative over the strategy and execution. The ideal candidate will need to be comfortable working out where to start as the first person on the team in a hypergrowth company.
- Generous compensation
- Unlimited, permissionless vacation with a 25 day minimum
- Health insurance provided or the cost covered depending on jurisdiction
- Generous parental leave
- Visa sponsorship if needed, for you and your loved ones
- Training budget
- $200/month budget towards coworking or café working
- Carbon offsetting for work travel with Project Wren
- Free books
Please note that benefits vary slightly by country. If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to ask our team.
PostHog's engineering culture is best-in-class, and we've had explosive user growth from this alone.
We launched a four week old minimum viable product in February, and since then have been deployed in thousands of places around the world.
PostHog's platform makes it easy for software teams to understand their user behavior. This coupled with our fast growth has led to a broad variety of very cool use cases. PostHog is used to help indie game designers make it more fun to defend earth from an alien threat. PostHog is used by multinational organizations running software that powers everything from banks to airlines. PostHog is used by startups disrupting their own industries.
We're a company like no other in our space. Our approach is bottom up and that starts by being great for developers to install and use.
By being open source, we can be used on any software project throughout the world, for free, forever. Some developers will use the platform on a side project, others at their startup or small business, and others in their Fortune 500. We are building a true platform that can grow from 1 user to many no matter the size or shape of the organization.
The core of our approach is to delight end users. It's not about executive dashboards and then a terrible interface for everyone else. It's the sense of power we give to the person on the ground, doing the actual work, every day.
Our team is a combination of former CTOs and YC founders all turned developers, alongside some of the best developers from the world's largest tech companies who have the experience to help us handle scalability.
Our team is tiny but we live in 10 different countries. This diverse group looks pretty weird on paper, but it's magical. Apart from the fact most of them think pineapple belongs on pizza. It doesn't.
We take bets on people with less experience too - we are as willing to hire an unproven genius straight out of school as we are a seasoned veteran.
We're all remote, and we've raised enough to pay top of market. We’re are proudly backed by some of the best VCs and Investors in the world, such as YCombinator.
- Drop us a line and tell us:
- How you can achieve the above in a few sentences
- Why you're drawn to us
- Your resumé and/or LinkedIn
- How we hire
- We ask for your best work, and in return pay generously and have exceptional benefits
- Learn about the team you'd be working with
- Getting hiring right is key to diversity. Learn about how we think about this.
We believe people from diverse backgrounds, with different identities and experiences, make our product and our company better. No matter your background, we'd love to hear from you! Also, if you have a disability, please let us know if there's any way we can make the interview process better for you; we're happy to accommodate!