Where is this feature available?
You can create dashboard panels to display information you are collecting with PostHog. It will be the first thing you see when you log on so that you can easily access the most important performance metrics in your product.
Dashboard panels can be created from any tab in 'Insights', and they can be tables, line charts, funnels, and pie charts.
Creating a dashboard
- Click on 'Dashboards' in the left hand navigation and then '+ New Dashboard'
- Name your dashboard, add some optional details and click 'Create'
- Your dashboard will be empty - click '+ New insight' to create a graph to add
- There are several types of Insight you can now create - Trends, Funnels, Retention, Paths, and Lifecycle
- Click 'Add to dashboard', or 'Save' if you want to keep working on your Insight
- Once you have added an Insight to your dashboard, you can click 'On dashboard' again to return
If you already have some Insights set up, an alternative approach is to click 'Add to dashboard' in any graph - Insights can appear on multiple Dashboards at the same time.
Editing a dashboard
With your dashboard created, you can now view and edit it. In the main dashboard view, you can:
- Change the name and add a description
- Add tags
- Set a refresh interval
Click '...' to bring up additional options:
- Select 'Edit layout' to drag and resize panels and click 'Done editing' when finished
- 'Go full screen' is great for presenting your dashboard
- You can also pin, duplicate or delete your dashboard
Send or share a Dashboard
Click 'Share' in the top right corner. You can:
- Determine who within your project can access the dashboard
- Create a link to share your dashboard publicly or embed your dashboard on a website
Want to know more about what's possible with Dashboards in PostHog? Try these tutorials:
Want more? Check our full list of PostHog tutorials.