This guide should help you understand my brain and how it works.
I am (painfully) English, to the point where I would love to have some culture and traditions other than crumpets, tea and my deep love of Marmite. I was born in London and grew up in Surrey (AKA the South East of the UK). At the end of 2020 I moved to Africa to live with my boyfriend George. We lived in Dakar, Senegal for a bit and now we are based in Kinshasa, the capital of the Democratic Republic of Congo - and who knows where we will end up next.
I am a part of the Design team, specialising in visual flare, AKA branding and hedgehogs. Basically, I take all the character of our company and the team and push it into the visuals. PostHog is my first official 'job' job, but during my time at university I created my own bespoke t-shirt painting business and worked as a brand designer for three Oxford Balls.
I love good conversation, anything honey roasted and bright blue skies. My guilty pleasure is fashion but obviously I veto any fast fashion vendors - sustainable all the way, people! Oh, and I love to create things, and usually always have a small side project running at all times, such as making my own jewellery, painting flower pots or hand making thank you cards. I'm convinced I have no left brain, just one massive right one.
Areas of responsibility
- Anything to do with hedgehog mascots - I'm all over it.
- Custom blog artwork
- Some marketing projects and branding
- Sometimes I get involved with layouts but usually that is up to Cory
- Team images and occasionally organising team bios
- Basically anything that requires artwork I'm ya (wo)man
I always try to make others feel as comfortable as possible.
Sometimes I listen to a song over and over because it sounds so darn good.
I love a good bit of control in all areas of my life, which obviously includes work. This means I like to know what people want of me, and not knowing what people expect from me makes me anxious and fidgety (the worst kind of Lottie). This also means I will message you if I need to know something even if it seems silly or small.
While surprises are fun for some, they aren't for me. Please give me heads up on upcoming projects that will need my attention.
For some reason I always think I am in trouble - so please start emails or messages with the subject of the message so I can stop worrying.
I love telling people exciting things, and I am a massive blabber mouth. Therefore I will talk about the secret Christmas Party plans or secret Offsite locations if I am trusted with them. So don't trust me, please.
I am unashamedly open and will tell you if I'm stressed, sad, happy or confused - and even embarrassing stories if you are lucky.
I have a tendency to be a bit of a pushover and a people pleaser - I am working on it, but please be considerate when asking me to do something for you as I will try to bend over backwards to help someone in need. But if it is a real design emergency know that I will always be there to help.
I am not a perfectionist, but if something doesn't feel right I won't drop it until I am happy with the outcome. Sometimes this is jarring for some as I won't stop stirring the pot, but I trust my gut instinct, and my gut has a good track record.
I love a good goofy joke so please indulge me with your good humour and charm - it really brightens my day.
I, similarly to a golden retriever, think that everyone is great - no need to win me over.
I catergorically love my personal time, as should everyone else, so I don't reply before 9am, after 6:30pm and never on weekends.
What I value
- Kindness + empathy
- A sense of humour
- A great conversation - I don't know how to small talk, only big talk.
- Being bold and brave
- Being shamelessly yourself
- Honesty - I love feedback and would prefer people tell me things instead of beating round the bush.
How I can help you
- I can draw a hedgehog doing literally anything.
- I am actually full of ideas - some good some bad but can help brainstorming as I have a different perspective than your normal tech start-up nut.
- I'm a very good listener and can empathise easily - maybe this is not totally work related but I see the people I work with as friends as well as colleagues.
- I can help you with designing layouts.
- I have an artistic eye for things so please use my eyeballs for things inside and outside of work.
How you can help me
- Tell me what I am doing wrong, or right. Any feedback is welcomed!
- Tell me what you want from me, because sometimes I can't gauge this easily.
- Let me know if I am going in the wrong direction or have misunderstood as soon as possible. I hate to waste other peoples and my own time.
- Give me deadlines for everything - like I mentioned earlier I love control and therefore I try to organise every task of my day, week and month.