Build the best low-cost web analytics tool in the world and get a wider audience using PostHog.
Q4 2023 Goals
- Get 5 20k+ customers to turn PostHog on on their website
- Build the dashboards to match 80% of functionality
- Start working towards the architecture to scale to a general release
Who are we building for?
- Technical Founder
- First technical person at the company, responsible for setting up the initial landing page.
- At an early stage, wants tools that initially cost little to nothing, but won't need to be replaced as the company grows.
- Product engineer
- These are the engineers building the product. Normally full-stack engineers skewing frontend or frontend engineers.
- Product engineers have more limited time. Need to quickly get high-quality insights to inform what they are building and assess what they've shipped.
- Technical Founder
Not a focus but should be usable by:
- Other engineers
- Everyone in the product team (PMs, designers)
- Non-technical leadership
What types of companies?
We want to build something that will convince our existing large (20k+) customers to turn PostHog on on their marketing website.
Jobs to be done
Web analytics is an opinionated tool, that will help people:
- Measure and improve the effectiveness of their acquisition strategy
- Measure and improve the effectiveness of their conversion funnels
- Understand who is using their website
- Understand how their website is being used
- Create simple-to-medium complexity combinations of these (e.g. how likely are people who came in from this ad to convert, compared to everyone else)
Additionally, it should be:
- Easy to set up
- Easy to use
- It's ok if that means we don't cover every use case, as people who need more can use product analytics
3 year goals
- Be useful for the best high growth companies right from the start
- Lead companies into other PostHog products as they start to need them, massively boosting them
- Run on cheap and fast infrastructure
- Can scale to the biggest websites in the world
- Solve the extremely common problem of marketing and product using completely siloed data stacks
You can find out more about the features we own here
What we're building
Check out the company roadmap to see what we're working on next!