PostHog provides a free basic level of support to everyone via the community, with additional support options available for paying customers depending on product.
|Support type||Open Source||Cloud||Scale||Enterprise|
|Dedicated Slack||Minimum $2k/month spend||+||✔️|
|Deployment developer pairing||+||✔️|
|Terms and Conditions||MIT Licence||Standard||Standard||MSA|
|Security assessment||Standard assessment provided||Standard assessment provided||Standard assessment provided||✔️|
|Payment via invoicing||Minimum $2k/month spend||✔️|
|Downtime developer pairing||✔️|
|Region-specific private cloud infrastructure managed by PostHog||✔️|
By default, the Scale plan does not include items marked with a '+'. However, we work with several partners that can offer a 'fully supported' experience for Scale customers - visit our partner directory to learn more.
There are three ways to get free support from the PostHog community:
- Ask a question directly in these Docs at the bottom of the page, or check out our database of previously answered questions
- Join >1,500 developers in our public Slack group
- Open an issue in our main project's GitHub repo
We are very grateful for folks that do this the other way around and help answer others' questions. You may just end up with some merch for particularly good answers :)
Our preference for paid customers is to support them through a private Slack channel. This is because it helps teams realize they're on the same side - it's just more fun for everyone, which helps drive engagement.
We will select the right team for you at PostHog. This typically includes:
- Customer Success contact - usually the person you first spoke to before becoming a paying customer
- Support Hero engineer - we have an on call engineer between 2am PT / 9am GMT and 5pm PT / 12am GMT
- Platform engineer - help with deeper infrastructure or ingestion questions for self-host customers
- Product Manager - helps us to understand feature requests, or can clarify current and future feature set
These are the kinds of people you'd be working with!
We do not have non-technical support people who triage issues. We directly connect you to people who are building PostHog. This has scaled to support thousands of companies very effectively, and we always aim to productize solutions to problems.
From your side, it's important you bring your A team. We recommend you add:
- A stakeholder from engineering
- A stakeholder from data engineering / data analysis (if self-hosting)
- A stakeholder from product management
- 2-3 power users
- A stakeholder from customer success (if relevant)
- A stakeholder from sales (if relevant)
It's best not to let your group get much bigger as it can create a lot of noise. We don't support you adding several end users of PostHog to this group - you will need to triage your own issues first.
For Enterprise customers that can't use Slack easily, we can offer priority email support instead.
We run a set number of group training sessions with your end users. We will walk them through how to make your product more successful.
These are useful at first for the initial adoption of PostHog. As you organically add more people to the platform, we can make sure everyone understands how to derive the most value.
Deployment developer pairing
We will send you to the correct docs to follow to deploy. If you get stuck, will clarify over Slack in the first instance. If that proves tough, then we'll hop on a call with you to figure out the issue.
We do not have access to the infrastructure of our customers. Deployment developer pairing means we can have a developer join a call with one of your developers (ideally with a screenshare, although we can do audio only), to help you quickly get up and running. This is in addition to our extensive documentation.
We help you define meaningful dashboards for your company and regularly check in that the configuration of PostHog is helping you improve your product.
We ask to be a user in your PostHog team so we can suggest ways to get more value out of the product. These are some of the ways we can help you:
- Build basic dashboards that cover Acquisition, Activation, Retention, Referral and Revenue
- Build deep dive dashboards to help you understand changes in the above
- Give guidance on using Session Recording, Heatmaps and Paths, depending on your product
- Help you understand the impact on your core metrics of changes deployed behind Feature Flags
- Help you run Experiments
Terms and Conditions
PostHog Open Source is MIT-licensed.
PostHog Cloud, PostHog Scale and PostHog Enterprise have standard terms.
Master Services Agreement (MSA)
If you need non-standard terms or Service Level Agreements (SLAs), for example, we offer MSAs to Enterprise customers only. These cover things like:
- Bespoke pricing
- Custom Service Level Agreements
- Custom legal changes if you have special requirements
- Custom information security requirements
While we do not automatically accept all product changes and requests, we are willing to review these for our Enterprise product only. For Open Source, Cloud and Scale, we do not make contractual commitments to make product changes.
We have an extensive range of robust internal security policies that apply to all products and cover several requirements around GDPR, SOC 2, HIPAA and CCPA.
For Enterprise customers, we are happy to complete your own security assessment. This can take the form of us enabling your team internally (who are responsible for information security since they are hosting the data), or it can mean us just answering questions and adapting our policies if needed.
We can offer bespoke pricing for Enterprise customers only.
For example, we have been asked if we can offer a set fee with a large usage cap rather than usage-based pricing, in order to make budget approval simpler.
Payment via invoicing
We only take payments via credit or debit card, processed via Stripe.
For companies with invoices over $2,000/month, we are able to support manual invoicing if needed. Just email [email protected] and we'll set this up.
Downtime developer pairing
We can provide SLAs for emergency video or audio call sessions between one of our engineers and your team if you suffer:
- Data loss (pipeline downtime)
- Complete failure of PostHog to load
This does not cover bugs, partial outages of the product or query slowness.
Region-specific cloud infrastructure managed by PostHog
We recommend customers with data-control requirements self host PostHog, giving you complete flexibility as to the location you deploy in. However, for Enterprise customers we can host PostHog for you in a private cloud environment, in a region and with a provider of your choosing.