Team People & Ops
People & Ops
- Charles Cook, VP Ops & Marketing
- Grace McKenzie, Operations Manager
- Coua Phang, Tech Talent Partner
Our primary goal is to build and retain our world-class team. We will accomplish this by making PostHog the most transparent company in the world, and the best place for people to work. Once on board, our goal is to enable our team to:
- Maximize their impact and performance
- Grow personally and professionally
- Have a strong sense of purpose and belonging
Our people team works across talent, people, operations, and culture. This is what we care about:
- Setting a very high bar for bringing people on board. We are always looking for the best people in their field, or people on their way to becoming exceptional at their jobs. This is so important to us, it's enshrined in our values.
- Supporting our team throughout the entire employee lifecycle - from making an offer, to onboarding and career development, parental leave, and eventually parting ways.
- We create light-touch initiatives, systems, and processes that allow PostHog to act fast and scale iteratively
- Building a diverse and inclusive culture with a strong sense of belonging is at the heart of everything we do. It's so important to us, we have a dedicated handbook page.
Every PostHog team member, as well as current, future and past candidates.
Objectives & Key Results
- Proposed Objective:
- Grow PostHog team by 20% without compromising team happiness or our runway
- Proposed Key Results:
- We have offers accepted by a senior product manager, 2x SREs, senior data engineer, developer advocate, and 4x full stack engineer.
- We stay within 5% of forecast cash burn.
- Ship 3 projects that make working at PostHog more seamless for the team - app management (Okta), migrate recruitment (Workable), one more TBD.
- Other teams depend on us hiring and retaining exceptional talent. And we need to do that without running out of money or forgetting to keep improving PostHog as a place to work.
An operations team is never complete without a robust toolkit to allow us to automate processes and multiply our impact. Here is a summary of some of the tools we've found most effective for getting the job done. You can read more about why we chose them here.
Contracts & Offer Letters
- All templates are stored in the Legal Docs [CONFIDENTIAL] shared Google Drive, in the Team folder.
- To avoid emailing PDFs back and forth forever, we use the e-signature platform HelloSign.
HR, Recruiting, and Payroll
- Gusto - platform for managing all permanent US employees, including contracts, healthcare and payroll.
- We use Middesk to manage all our state registrations and filings on our behalf.
- For managing our US 401(k) we use Pentegra, which requires a manual monthly reporting process. However, we will be exploring more self-serve options in the future as we now have Operations team members in the US who can act as company fiduciaries.
- Deel - platform for managing all employees outside the US and UK (using their EOR service), and all contractors globally.
- UK contracts are currently done manually in Google Drive, with payroll also being run manually.
- CharlieHR - used to store all team personal details, documents, pay and for booking any type of leave.
- Workable - our ATS for managing all recruitment.
Finance and Banking
- Brex is our main account, which we also use for team credit cards and expense management.
- We have backup savings accounts with Mercury and SVB.
- Pry (recently acquired by Brex) is our main financial planning tool.
- LTSE Equity is where we manage our cap table.
- Anrok helps us stay on top of any state and local tax obligations triggered by employee presence or sales volume, and connects seamlessly and imports sales data from Stripe. They also provide automated support for registering with local tax authorities to automate the remittance process (though we don't use this part of their service yet).