We provide an open source platform for product analytics. The product is new - we launched in February 2020, and have had thousands of deployments organically since we started.
This growth has meant we've been able to raise significant investment from the best in the world, such as YCombinator, and we're now ready to build our first growth team, and we need the first person on that team! You will play an instrumental role in establishing culture and in guiding how we conduct experimentation.
This role will be focused on increasing our company's most important metrics. We use Acquisition, Activation, Retention, Revenue, Referral (AARRR) as a framework, and you'd be responsible for everything outside Retention which is the focus of our core engineering team. You'd collaborate with our marketing team on acquisition. Activation and Referral you'd collaborate with our product and design team.
Since this is the first person in this type of role, you will need product and design thinking, the ability to implement, and basic data analysis skills.
- Breadth - we're at the big changes, not a ton of data stage. This isn't about tweaking the placement of buttons. You'll need to be able to derive insight from talking to people, your own knowledge of best practices and the limited data we have.
- You'll need to be quick. The ability to continuously design, build and test fast.
- A track record of running growth experiments, at both early stage and scale up stage companies experiencing hypergrowth.
- We don't need deep engineering skills, but you'll need to be a reasonable software engineer.
- You need to be ready to lead the function. Someone who can be a true partner and can tell us what to do. Perhaps you've been working for a VP Growth before and want to take the next step towards that role yourself.
- Generous compensation
- Unlimited, permissionless vacation with a 25 day minimum
- Health insurance provided or the cost covered depending on jurisdiction
- Generous parental leave
- Visa sponsorship if needed, for you and your loved ones
- Training budget
- $200/month budget towards coworking or café working
- Carbon offsetting for work travel with Project Wren
- Free books
Please note that benefits vary slightly by country. If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to ask our team.
PostHog's engineering culture is best-in-class, and we've had explosive user growth from this alone.
We launched a four week old minimum viable product in February, and since then have been deployed in thousands of places around the world.
PostHog's platform makes it easy for software teams to understand their user behavior. This coupled with our fast growth has led to a broad variety of very cool use cases. PostHog is used to help indie game designers make it more fun to defend earth from an alien threat. PostHog is used by multinational organizations running software that powers everything from banks to airlines. PostHog is used by startups disrupting their own industries.
We're a company like no other in our space. Our approach is bottom up and that starts by being great for developers to install and use.
By being open source, we can be used on any software project throughout the world, for free, forever. Some developers will use the platform on a side project, others at their startup or small business, and others in their Fortune 500. We are building a true platform that can grow from 1 user to many no matter the size or shape of the organization.
The core of our approach is to delight end users. It's not about executive dashboards and then a terrible interface for everyone else. It's the sense of power we give to the person on the ground, doing the actual work, every day.
Our team is a combination of former CTOs and YC founders all turned developers, alongside some of the best developers from the world's largest tech companies who have the experience to help us handle scalability.
Our team is tiny but we live in 10 different countries. This diverse group looks pretty weird on paper, but it's magical. Apart from the fact most of them think pineapple belongs on pizza. It doesn't.
We take bets on people with less experience too - we are as willing to hire an unproven genius straight out of school as we are a seasoned veteran.
We're all remote, and we've raised enough to pay top of market. We’re are proudly backed by some of the best VCs and Investors in the world, such as YCombinator.
- Drop us a line and tell us:
- How you can achieve the above in a few sentences
- Why you're drawn to us
- Your resumé and/or LinkedIn
- How we hire
- We ask for your best work, and in return pay generously and have exceptional benefits
- Learn about the team you'd be working with
- Getting hiring right is key to diversity. Learn about how we think about this.
We believe people from diverse backgrounds, with different identities and experiences, make our product and our company better. No matter your background, we'd love to hear from you! Also, if you have a disability, please let us know if there's any way we can make the interview process better for you; we're happy to accommodate!